1. Started my own blog – Does it count if only two people read it?
2. Slept under the stars – Yes. Twice. Once in Inyo National Forest (amazed to this day that I wasn’t eaten by a bear or a mountain lion) and one on Pine Cobble in Williamstown.
3. Played in a band – Nope, never. I’ve *danced* with a band, though, more times than I can count. And I suppose if you count playing zills with the band as playing with a band, then yes. Yes I have.
4. Visited Hawaii – No.
5. Watched a meteor shower – Yup.
6. Given more than I can afford to charity – No. Should, but haven’t.
7. Been to Disneyland/world – Yes. Have no plans to go again…that is something the grandparents can experience with G.
8. Climbed a mountain – Several, in fact!
9. Held a praying mantis – Unlikely.
10. Sung a solo – In the shower? While entertaining G? Sure!
11. Bungee jumped – No. Never. No way!
12. Visited Paris – Many times.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea – don’t think so
14. Taught myself an art from scratch – yes, that would be beading, knitting, crocheting, sewing etc.
15. Adopted a child – no.
16. Had food poisoning – doubtful.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty – I think so, on one of our class trips? Maybe?
18. Grown my own vegetables – On my little raised lead-free bed!
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France – Yeah. It’s smaller than you expect.
20. Slept on an overnight train – Sadly, yes. Now we fly or take the fast train.
21. Had a pillow fight – Yes.
22. Hitchhiked – Oooh, never.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill – all the time, what with odd childcare issues cropping up.
24. Built a snow fort – Yes.
25. Held a lamb – no
26. Gone skinny dipping – Not that I can remember….
27. Run a marathon – 10k is the longest race I’ve run.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice – Yes. Smellier than one would expect (or maybe not)
29. Seen a total eclipse – I seem to remember something in high school.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset – Seriously? Of course!
31. Hit a home run – Are we talking baseball? Then no.
32. Been on a cruise – Does a 40 foot sailboat count?
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person – Yes.
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors – Errr…Been to Italy. Never been to Germany. More specific than that I cannot be.
35. Seen an Amish community – Yes.
36. Taught myself a new language – not to fluency!
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied – oh, sure. It’d always be nice to have more, though!
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person – Yes. Very leany.
39. Gone rock climbing – Not per se, but there have been some steep trails!
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David – Yup.
41. Sung karaoke – Many years ago in a bar in France.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt – Yes
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant – Yes. Some Aussie my mom and I had picked up at the local internet cafe in Rome. Took him to Al Famiglia near the train station – the place with the best thistle risotto ever!
44. Visited Africa – No.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight – Think so.
46. Been transported in an ambulance – Yes, once. After a shoulder injury in England. The EMTs spent the whole ride telling me I wasn’t injured enough to be wasting their time.
47. Had my portrait painted – Well, G *does* draw pictures of me if I ask him to!
48. Gone deep sea fishing – Been fishing in the sea, but not sure what depth qualifies as “deep”!
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person – Yes.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris – Yes.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling – Love snorkeling, kind of scared of scuba diving.
52. Kissed in the rain – very likely.
53. Played in the mud – Yup.
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre – Sadly, no.
55. Been in a movie – No.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China – No.
57. Started a business – No.
58. Taken a martial arts class – I’m a black belt, baby!
59. Visited Russia – No.
60. Served at a soup kitchen – No.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies – Door to door when that sort of thing was still done.
62. Gone whale watching – and loved it.
63. Got flowers for no reason – yes.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma – Don’t think I’m allowed to as I lived in England.
65. Gone sky diving – I don’t think you could pay me enough to do this. Fear of planes coupled with fear of heights = badbadbad thing.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp – No.
67. Bounced a cheque – Not to my knowledge.
68. Flown in a helicopter – No, and no desire to!
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy – Yup. G uses them now.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial – 8th grade school trip to Washington? 9th grade family trip to Washington?
71. Eaten caviar – mais, oui.
72. Pieced a quilt – No. Don’t have the patience.
73. Stood in Times Square – Yes.
74. Toured the Everglades – When young, with the family.
75. Been fired from a job – Have I even really *held* a real job?
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London – Yes.
77. Broken a bone – my pinkie toe in karate class. Owie.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle – Never been on a motorcycle.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person – Yup.
80. Published a book – No.
81. Visited the Vatican – Yes.
82. Bought a brand new car – Yes. 2003 Toyota Corolla in mineral green.
83. Walked in Jerusalem – Yes, in 1997. Husband’s parents, who grew up in Israel, took us on a tour of Israel. Saw many cool things and can’t wait to take G on the same tour.
84. Had my picture in the newspaper – Oh, yeah.
85. Read the entire Bible – I read the entire old testament for my theology in literature class in high school. Who needs that new testament stuff anyway?
86. Visited the White House – Probably during one of the trips to DC.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating – No, but I’ve eaten freshly killed Northern Pike on Isle Royale, which tasted better than any fish I’ve ever had.
88. Had chickenpox – Yes.
89. Saved someone’s life – no
90. Sat on a jury – Never been picked to serve.
91. Met someone famous – Hm. Not really. I once bellydanced in front of Sean Penn, and I swear I saw John Malkovich crossing Sparks St. in Cambridge….but that’s pretty much it.
92. Joined a book club – No time to read books, because I do these stupid memes.
93. Lost a loved one – Yes.
94. Had a baby – Oh, yes.
95. Seen the Alamo in person – No.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake – Been to Salt Lake City; didn’t realize swimming was an option.
97. Been involved in a law suit – No.
98. Owned a cell phone – SERIOUSLY? Does anyone *not* own a cell phone? Maybe a better question would be: Owned a land line?
99. Been stung by a bee – yes, twice. First sting involved a bee flying down my shirt while biking on Cape Cod. I was not a happy camper.
Done! Bored! Back to work!